Larry Broughton is an award-winning hotelier and entrepreneur, bestselling author, keynote speaker, and former US Army Green Beret. As Founder and CEO of California-based broughtonHOTELS, CBS News has called Larry “the nation’s foremost expert on leadership and entrepreneurship,” while the host of Travel Channel’s hit show, Hotel Impossible, says he is “among the top hospitality experts in the country.” His upbeat, creative approach to business and life has been featured in newspaper and magazine articles across the country and he has been a recurring guest expert on news and TV programs on every major television and cable network, including MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, CBS, and Travel Channel.
Larry has interviewed dozens of the world’s top CEOs, presented to the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at The Pentagon, and consulted at Fortune 50 companies. Larry:
- Tells us why he tries to stay away from naysayers, but also surrounds himself with people that don’t always agree with him
- Went deep about some of the low points in his life and the things he’s learned from them. The smiling successful face on TV knows what it’s like to be down on his knees
- Explains why he is such a strong advocate of paid mentors
- Shares some of the key lessons about leadership that he learned while serving in the Green Berets (hint- Larry says leading special forces personnel is akin to herding Lions).
- Says that motivation, integrity, and capacity to grow are his top 3 hiring criteria
- Talks about the dangers of your self worth being tied to your net worth
- And says that if you don’t find your passion you’ll end up living a life of mediocrity
Larry is straightforward communicator. Enjoy
You can reach Larry at:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com
Screw the Naysayers Episode Page: https://screwthenaysayers.com/podcast
Google Play Music: https://bit.ly/2NBgqMv