At the age of 2, Kelly Woodhouse was severely burned over 75% of her body.
Her life was forever changed in that moment. It led to numerous surgeries and growing up she was bullied, shunned, and avoided by people that didn’t know how to talk to her.
Her teen years were the worst because she wanted the things her girlfriends had. She could have given up.
Today Kelly is an International motivational speaker, bestselling author x 5, and a divorced mother of three. She is the recipient of the Fierce Woman of the Year award, the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal, and a YWCA Woman of Distinction.
In this episode Kelly:
- Explains why she sees her scars as a gift
- Talks about he experience as a runway model
- Why she refused to be defined by what happened to her
- Recalls the moment she realized that she didn’t need validation from others
- Shares a great strategy for dealing with people that bring you down
- Talks about some of the ignorant feedback she still gets on Social Media
- And her new documentary “Still Beautiful” which reenacts her story and brings people hope and inspiration (her goalcast video trailer has been viewed almost 5 million times
- And shares her favorite quote about dreams
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and stories, or just make a connection.
Screw The Naysayers- www.screwthenaysayers.com